It’s easy for Fix Canon Printer Not Responding Error, which generally appears when attempting to print. At the time, you may come across the situation, when you try to attempt to print in a wireless LAN environment, and you may get error message ‘Printer not responding’ on Canon mg3500 series. The problem occurred once your PC is unstable and critical system files fails to react or starts missing. It occurs once your computer is not really being maintained regularly. There are several possible causes for this message, includes when the computer and access point (or wireless router) have lost connection, or access point (or wireless router) and wireless printer may not be communicating, when the printer driver is configured to the proper port, and so on. Therefore, to prevent further loss and damage to data you need to solve it at once. Here the blog will guide & help you to figure out this issue and stay connected with your Canon Printer. Follow the given steps to solve this issue, as steps or solutions suggested by the Canon Tech Support Team.
Solutions to Fix Canon Printer Not Responding Error
When Canon mg3500 Printer ‘Printing Does Not Start’, then walk through by given steps to solve it.
Solution 1:- Check The Power Plug is Securely Plugged
- First of all, ensure that the power plug is securely plugged in, then press the “ON” button to turn the Canon mg3500 Printer on.
- While the ON lamp is flashing, the computer is initializing or processing data and sending it to the Canon Printer.
- Wait until the ON lamp stops flashing and remains lit.
- Check that printer printing starts, and your problem is solved or not.
If not fixed, then go to the next solution.
Solution 2:- Ensure That the Printer is connected to your Computer Properly
When the Canon Printer is connected to your computer with a USB cable, you should need to confirm that the USB cable is securely plugged into the Canon Printer and the computer. And then check the following things:
Step 1:- If you are using a relay device such as a USB hub, disconnect it, connect the Canon Printer directly to the computer, and try printing again. If printing starts normally, there is a problem with the relay device. Then consult with our canon printer customer service team for more details.
Step 2:- There could also be a problem with the USB cable. You should try to replace the USB cable and try printing again.
Step 3:-When you use the Canon Printer over LAN, make sure that the Canon Printer is set up to be used over network correctly.
Solution 3:- Make Sure That the Front Tray is Open
You should ensure that the front tray is open or not.
Solution 4:- Deleting the Undesired Print Job
- You should check that you are printing from the computer and there are any unnecessary print jobs, delete them.
- Then try to delete the ‘Undesired Print Job’.
Solution 5:- Ensure that your Canon Printer’s name is selected in the Print dialog box.
The Canon Printer will not print properly if you are using a printer driver for a different printer.
- Make sure that your Canon Printer’s name is selected in the Print dialog box.
- Also, it’s important for you to ensure that the Canon Printer the one selected by default, select Set as Default Printer.
Solution 6:- Configure the Canon Printer Port appropriately.
First, ensure that the printer port is configured appropriately.
Step 1:- User Account login With Administrator Privilege
Log on as a user account with administrator privilege.
Then choose items as shown below.
- In Windows 8, select “Control Panel” from the Settings charm on “Desktop”, then “Hardware and Sound”, and then “Devices and Printers”.
- In Windows 7, select “Devices and Printers” from the “Start” menu.
- In Windows Vista, select the “Start” menu, then “Control Panel”, then “Hardware and Sound and then “Printers”.
- In Windows XP, select the “Start” menu, then “Control Panel”, and then “Printers and Other Hardware”, and then “Printers and Faxes”.
Step 2:- Go to Canon Printer Driver Properties
Then you need to open the properties of the printer driver for the Canon Printer .
- In Windows 8 or Windows 7, you need to right-click the “Canon XXX Printer” icon (where “XXX” is your Canon Printer’s name), then select “Printer” properties.
- In Windows Vista or Windows XP, you need to right-click the “Canon XXX Printer” icon (where “XXX” is your Canon Printer’s name), then select Properties.
Step 3:-Choose ‘Ports’ tab
After then you need to click the ‘Ports’ tab to confirm the port settings.
Ensure that a port named “USBnnn” (where “n” is a number) with “Canon XXX Printer” appearing in the Printer column is selected for Print to the following port(s).
Case 1:- If the Setting is Incorrect
Then reinstall the MP Drivers with the Setup CD-ROM or install them from our website.
Case 2:- Select Your Canon Printer’s name
Printing does not start even though the Canon Printer is connected to the computer using a USB cable and the port named “USBnnn” is selected:
- In Windows 8, select “My Printer” on the “Start” screen to start My Printer. If My Printer is not displayed on the “Start” screen, then choose the “Search” charm, then search for “My Printer”.
- Set the correct printer port on “Diagnose and Repair” Printer. Follow the on-screen instructions to set the correct printer port, then select your Canon Printer’s name.
- In Windows 7, Windows Vista, or Windows XP, click on “Start” button and then choose “All Programs”, then “Canon Utilities”, then “Canon My Printer”, and then “Canon My Printer”, and then choose “Diagnose and Repair Printer”. Follow the on-screen instructions to set the correct printer port, then select your “Canon Printer’s name”.
- If the problem is not resolved, then reinstall the “MP Drivers with the Setup CD-ROM or install them from our website.
Case 3:- Printing Does Not Start Still Launch Network Tool
Printing does not start even though the port named “CNBJNP_xxxxxxxxxx” is selected when the Canon Printer is used over LAN:
Launch Network Tool, and select “CNBJNP_xxxxxxxxxx” as you confirmed in step 4, then associate the port with the printer using Associate Port in the Settings menu.
If the problem is not resolved, reinstall the MP Drivers with the Setup CD-ROM or install them from our website.
Solution 7:- Restart your Computer
Now, you should restart your computer if you are printing from the computer.
I hope your issue is fixed.
If the problem still persists, then you should contact with experts at dialing canon printer phone number team for immediate help.
Dial Canon Printer Customer Care Number to Online Support to Canon Issues:-
Call at our Canon Printer Phone Number anytime, which is available 24×7/365 days to your help. We are widely renowned Canon support service providers who are happy help customer’s in explaining the actual cause of complex or complicated Canon Printer issues faced by them while working. A team of our proficient and certified Canon support experts is always ready to help. The technicians will give the comprehensive support to resolve any kind of Canon Printer technical issues or errors. Hence, connect with experts now to get further help.