Users from all around the world are reporting on getting the problem with the Canon Printer and got Error Code 5100 on their computer display screen. The Error Code 5100 is indicating that there the ink carriage has problems. Typically something currently is hammed the cartridge carriage. So, Error 5100 is related a carriage error which can generally be fixed by using service mode and flushing the printer heads when it has a blockage and using other troubleshooting solutions. So, if you are facing the exact same problem with your Canon Printer, then you don’t need to worry about it. Here, the blog will guide very easy steps to “How to Fix Canon Printer Error Code 5100? So, you just need to follow the below solutions or step to quickly solve the error.
Solutions to Fix Canon Printer Error Code 5100
Solution 1:- Verify Inside Printer for a Tiny Object
- First, you have to printer turned off and the power cord unplugged.
- Then open the machine and inspect the inside. Verify that you see any stray pieces of paper along the paper’s usual route. Also, look inside for a tiny object like a piece of paper, a staple.
If you are found tiny objects, then you should go to next solution.
Solution 2:- Apply Purge Mechanism
The purge cap (the white sliding mechanism which the print head parks to when it is not in use) may be not lubricated well enough. Lubricate the sliders with some white grease (don not get it on the small wipers or the black caps). This thing repair probably requires removing the right panel off of the printer to gain access to the purge mechanism.
Solution 3:- Clean the Timing Strip
You should try to clean the timing strip, then there is a thin plastic strip running across the width in front of and below the drive belt. There are five black vertical lines on this strip. If the strip gets a piece of crud on it, you get an Error Code 5100 during the start-up sequence.
Then gently clean this strip with a damp lint-free tissue or clean clothes.
Solution 4: – Reseat the Ink Cartridges
- Turn off the Canon printer and unplug it from the outlet.
- Press the “On/Off” button while you plug the cable back in.
- Hit the “Stop/Reset” button two times while holding down the “On/Off” button, then let go of the “On/Off” button. This puts the printer into factory mode.
- Hit the right arrow button until you see “Shipping Mode 3” on the LCD display. Hit “OK” to select it.
- Hit the “Stop/Reset” button when you see a message that says “Without Cleaning.” This tells the Canon printer to print out a test page.
- Lift up the Canon MP 470 printer cover and wait for the cartridges to move to the left. Then unplug the printer from the outlet.
- Lift out both ink cartridges and close the cover.
- Plug the power cable back in and hit the “On/Off” button.
- Place the ink cartridges back inside once you see a message that says “Replace Cartridges.”
- Wait a few minutes for the printer to recognize the cartridges before trying to print.
Now check the error is resolved, if not, then go to the next solution.
Solution 5:- Reset the Ink Absorber
You should try to reset the waste ink absorber on a Canon printer, which might help to resolve Error Code 5100 which appear when turning on your Canon Printer.
Follow the steps to do the task:-
- Make sure the printer is turned off.
- Press and hold the “Resume” button (triangle inside a circle).
- At the same time as it is held down, hold down the “Power” button. Then green led light will ON.
- Keep the “Power” button held down. Then release the “Resume” button and then press it twice. The light should go amber, then green again.
- Release the “Power” button.
- Press the “Resume” button four times and then press the “Power” button straight after to confirm the selected action (Reset Counter Absorber).
- Turn off the printer and then turn it on again.
- Now start your work and observe still you are receiving an error. If yes, then go to the next step.
Solution 6:- Remove and Reseat All Ink Tanks
Resolve the issue by trying to remove and reseat “All Ink Tanks”.
Follow these steps to do the task:-
- First, verify the paper feed areas of the printer, by using a flashlight of your mobile or other bright light. Also, verify that there are no paper jams or obstructions in the printer that may be causing the error.
- Then look inside of the printer where the inks are located and ensure that there are no obstructions in there that may be causing the print head not to move freely.
- Next, remove and reset all of the ink tanks inside the printer.
Related Blog How to Fix Canon Printer Error Code B200?
If you still experience the same error, after performing the steps above, the printer will require service to resolve the issue, or you can approach us to get instant solutions.
Contact Now At Canon Printer Support Phone Number For Immediate Help
You can contact us anytime, by dialing Canon Printer Support Phone Number, which is a toll-free and available 24×7 days for your help. By dialing this number, you will be easily connected with a team of well-experienced and certified technicians, who will give you flawless technical help & support to fix your problem. We assure you will get the excellent, hasty and finest solutions to fix the technical problems at a reasonable cost.