Clogged ink cartridges as per as research conducted by Canon printer Support experts can easily cause skipping and inconsistency of ink output while you are printing. So, a fully clogged cartridge print head in this case won’t at all print in a good manner. This will happen most often while an ink cartridge is taken out for a while and is exposed to air or even if the printer hasn’t been yet used. Manually cleaning of a clogged ink cartridge with a few drug store items and restoring that clean method, crisp the printing when you first installing the cartridge.
Steps to troubleshoot the cleaning process of the Canon Ink Absorber
Step1: Remove the clogged ink cartridge
Removal of the clogged ink cartridge from the printer is a necessary step. Usage of a proper method for your printer model, but usually speaking, the lid and lift the cartridge should be taken out.
Step2: Locating the print head
Locating the print head where the ink comes out of the cartridge should be done first and then wipe off any related dried or crusty ink issues by applying a soft cloth.
Step3: Working with the metal nozzle plate
- Get a soft piece of cloth, wet it and wipe out the print head area carefully. Using distilled water is also preferable here. Further if your cartridge has a gold, silver or copper nozzle plate, then try not to make it wet.
- Use of a wet cotton swab just to clean out the print head is necessary. This will further keep the metal nozzle plate in a dry mode. This step has been mentioned as an essential one by a team of Canon printer technical Support professionals.
Step 4: Working with the cartridge
- Put the cartridge back in the proper printer place and print a test carefully. If there is still any banding or blank areas visible, then simply run the print head cleaner utility software carefully
- Fill up a small amount of bowl with the warm water. You only need to have enough water so that you can cover the print head easily. For completely clogged cartridges, you are advised to use a 50-50 solution of water as well as ammonia.
Step5: Placing of the ink cartridge
- Place the ink cartridge in the warm water or in a water-ammonia solution to submerged the print head.
- If you are using a cartridge with a metal plate on the bottom, then try using the water-ammonia solution placed on a cotton swab to clean the print head.
Step6: Soak the ink cartridge
- At last, you are advised to soak the ink cartridge until you get the water in a cool mode. Next simply dry it with the help of soft cloth and then reinsert it into the printer carefully.
- Next, you are advised to run the print head with the help of “cleaning utility” tool which came with your printer, try printing process to make sure that ink is flowing normally again.
Get in touch with our Canon printer customer Support experts to get all your queries resolved on prompt basis. We are just a call 1-800-213-8289 away by bringing you the latest kind of market solution at your doorstep.