Canon printers are known for its durability and reliability. Any obstruction within the printer can cause Canon Printer Error 6A81 irrespective of the printer model. This error usually occurs due to the purge unit defect, where the sponge was not properly placed and somehow clogging the print head. It further blocks it’s way and doesn’t allow the print head to travel back to its initial position. So, if you aren’t aware of the reasons behind its occurrence, check out this article. It includes a few reasons behind this printer problem and also effective solutions to troubleshoot error 6A81.
What Causes Canon Printer Error 6A81?
Canon printer error 6A81 occurs due to a possible hindrance in your printing device. To know the possible causes of getting this printer error, go through the following information. It will help you to figure out the symptoms of getting the 6A81 error in Canon printers.
- Not maintaining proper cleanliness of your Canon printer can cause this error. Especially, when there is a paper jam due to dust or any other elementary obstacle.
- If your printer has dried ink issue, it can halt the position of the print head. Thus, it can prevent both the print head and the cartridge units to travel back to its original place.
- There can be issues with the purge wiper, which can block its back and forth movement. So, if the purge unit is stuck in one place, your printer can generate this 6A81 error.
- In case there is a foreign component or paper jam issue inside the printer device, you can still get this problem. So, look for paper pieces or dust particle inside the paper tray and on the rollers section which may cause this issue.
How To Resolve Error 6A81 In Canon Printer?
If you want to fix Canon printer error 6A81, the first thing you can do is to reset the device once. If the reset option doesn’t work then apply other three solutions as mentioned below.
1. Reset Printing Machine
To reset Canon printer, press and hold down the ‘Power’ switch for few seconds and wait for the device to shut down. Then disconnect the printer from your PC and unplug the power cord. Once again hold the On/Off button and place the power cord back into the socket. Also, re-connect the Canon printer to the computer and turn on the power switch.
2. Clear Paper Jam And Clean Components
Take help of torchlight or any light source to check the inside of the printer including paper trays. Search for any papers crumbs or unnecessary object and remove it. Test with a sample printout to check whether Canon printer error 6A81 is resolved.
3. Remove Obstacles And Unstuck Purge Unit
As mentioned in the causes section, the purge unit inside the Canon printer can be stuck and cause this issue. Hence, use any long equipment like a screwdriver and clear the blockages around the purge section.
4. Thoroughly Clean Printer To Remove Dust
Use a clean dry cloth to clean inside the printer and remove dirt from the surface of the rollers. It will allow you to feed the pages correctly into the paper tray and the rollers can move freely during the printing task.
Related Blog:- Easy Ways To Resolve Canon Printer Error 5b00
Dial Canon Toll-Free Number +1-800-237-4319 for Instantaneous Assistance:-
If you aren’t satisfied with the above fixes or can’t identify the reason behind Canon printer error 6A81, get in touch with the experts. We provide technical services to fix any kind of errors in your Canon or other printers including the error code 6A81.
To talk to the certified printer technicians and place service request, call Canon Printer Support Number. If you are unable to reach the professionals through a call, send your queries at our email ID. Also, you can chat with our support team through the live portal.